Re: [jfw] Re: What is the Framework Team supposed to be

IMHO the Joomla Framework mission should be to prepare and take care of the infrastructure for new CMS. Just like other projects (Laravel/ Symfony/ Pagekit) have a Framework/ Foundation repo and application repo.
New CMS should be designed with all Joomla teams, because market has changed since Joomla 1.0 and 1.5.

I've written few apps using JF, but after last GPL drama I went to research modern trends and alternatives and I don't see a point of coming back to JF as it is now. Everything that JF can offer is already available somewhere else, but few generations away.
I'm sure other people here have same experience.

And yes, I'm for starting from scratch and providing a migration tool because little itinerations haven't got us anywhere and we are stuck in legacy code.

On Friday, May 22, 2015 at 5:36:40 AM UTC+2, Andrew Eddie wrote:
> Maybe there's a misunderstanding. I meant that the FW should not force the
> CMS. Of course, the CMS should use
> the FW. Let's take an example: The FW evolves, creating new packages and so
> on, no one cares, everything is fine.
> Now there is a feature request or whatever which brings the CMS in a
> situation where it's not satisfied with the current implementation.
> Instead of saying "Well, it's your problem. The FW does everything right",
> the CMS and FW should share thoughts.
> Maybe, the CMS
> - has just doesn't understand how to use the package. Then the FW needs to
> explain it and/or improve the documentation.
> - has a real new feature request. Then the FW should find a solution.

+1000 that's exactly how it should happen.