Re: [jfw] Re: Packages - Keep or Dump?

> I'm not suggesting Joomla should go play in it's own little corner, just
> trying to putting focus where focus should be. Looking at it purely based on
> install base the CMS is used by 3% of the internet, the framework has max
> 10k installs...

Yes but the Framework is still included in the CMS so the distinction
is somewhat moot.

I don't think anyone disagrees that the Framework as a marketing
exercise has been a complete failure. So should we give up on
perpetuating that idea? - sure, why not.

> Lets considered another way of looking at this. Instead of discussing what
> packages to remove, what about looking at what packages are worth developing
> further for a 2.0 release ?

For the sake of it or for the benefit of the CMS? If the latter, that
would necessitate the CMS actually having a technical roadmap to be
able to determine such things. If the former, as I've said, there are
better niche projects to align with to do that than the Joomla brand.