Re: [jfw] Re: Packages - Keep or Dump?

Yeah, I'm into Laravel too, but I can't see much difference between the Laravel App and Lumen App.

For example Lumen framework requires Illuminate/Database, Illuminate/Cookie and other 20 Illuminate packages.
Last time I checked it was not possible to use Illuminate/Foundation (Application bootstrapper) without pulling in another 15 packages so I decided to use Slim instead for a simple project.

What I'm saying: If we decide to use Laravel/ Lumen/ Illuminate probably we have to load (and use) most of it's packages.
This may be a good move for Joomla, but everybody should be aware of this from the start.

On Monday, May 25, 2015 at 2:13:29 PM UTC+2, Andrew Eddie wrote:
> The idea of using the micro framework of laravel
> https://github.com/laravel/lumen
> and keep the other good packages from the Joomla Framework should be a
> twist...

Middleware! (/me jumps up and down erratically)

Ok, I'm sold. When can we start refactoring :)