Re: [jfw] Re: Packages - Keep or Dump?

> For example: Database package is not bad, but I'd rather use Laravel's
> Eloquent or Doctrine DBAL, as it's much more mature and has multiple drivers
> support built in. Seriously - we can't compete with these.

Actually we could because most of the ORM's only support RDBMS's in
the backend. However, when you go to Node, there are several that are
truly DB agnostic, even allowing memory storages will association
support. And none of the PHP ORM's are anywhere near as nice as the
Node counterparts (in my opinion).

So there is an opportunity to compete but on a different level (and
without "magic").