[jfw] Re: Packages - Keep or Dump?

I think this is not a proper question for this time.

The truth is that there are better packages out there and that's why developers choose them, Joomla brand is not enough.

We should start architecting new CMS generation and then see which packages out there are best for this task. If some of the Joomla Frameworks fit most, let's keep them.
And depreciate the rest.

For example: Database package is not bad, but I'd rather use Laravel's Eloquent or Doctrine DBAL, as it's much more mature and has multiple drivers support built in. Seriously - we can't compete with these.