Re: [jfw] Re: Packages - Keep or Dump?

No, Joomla doesn't have the resources to compete with a corporate funded framework stack.  But the mentality that we just give up and go play in our little corner doesn't set well with me either.  No, the packages don't get a lot of traffic.  And no, using the combined Framework repo which was ripped apart in Feb 2014 isn't a fair metric either, a deliberate decision (that I don't necessarily agree with) was made to stop shipping a combined framework together and go to a modular release system.

That same argument about giving up IMO could be made about Joomla as a whole, just shut down development and use a CMS that's much better supported or structured.