Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Framework v2 Roadmap

For the Cache package specifically, I think it might be possible in CMS v4 to re-work the internals of its JCache and JCacheController APIs to work with the Framework's handlers.  Admittedly that isn't a part of the CMS or Framework I'm all that familiar with, but I do see the couplings to the infrastructure that you mention.  I took a look at a few packages that came up in a search for "cache" on Packagist and didn't really see anything that jumped out as having that type of logic, so it may be that the Framework doesn't necessarily need to ship those style classes but leave them to an application to implement as needed.  Or maybe we can build a top level interface and base class to build a base API for them.  Plenty of possibilities IMO.