Re: [jfw] Discussion - Framework v2 Roadmap

I'd say it should be a goal, but it isn't a decision for me to make anymore.  Each package is going to have to be looked at on a case-by-case basis.  In CMS 3.4, there are a few packages integrated where it's been relatively simple to do so, and there are more packages where this is a possibility without breaking B/C in the CMS.  Others will have to wait for 4.0 to see full integration.

Pain points in the CMS are going to be the cache, event, and profiler packages.  Those received major overhauls and integrating those may be difficult if it is desired.  In the case of the event package, this affects CMS plugins.  For packages with a clear hierarchical tree, like the application package, it would be a break to adjust the CMS classes in this tree to use the Framework classes immediately.