Re: [jfw] Re: The Joomla! framwork for which applications?

I've sat on replying to this email for a while.

I for one think there is definately a place for the framework. I have used the framework to build a complete project and also used a number of the packages as components in other projects. In fact I would go so far to say that many of the packages (forms, github, oauth) are some of the best written and best documented packages I have seen.

I would hate to see the framework die or just limit itself to something only used by the cms. I think it can be a great tool for people with experience with the cms to build full applications.

Personally I feel the biggest barrier to entry to working with the framework as a whole is how unopiniated the framework is. Don't get me wrong I believe that being unopiniated is a great benefit but it makes it hard to get started. I know the first time I tried to write something it took me a while just to get the app routing and startup correct.

If it is decided there is a future in the framework I would be happy to try and build up some tutorials and starter templates / boiler plates for the wiki as well as working on consolidating some of the docs. Code ignitor for example has great documentation.

any other thoughts or feedback? I would hate to see this project and the great code created so far die or fizzle.

Eric.