Re: [jfw] Re: 2.0 - Dropping PHP 5.3 Support

Am Dienstag, 2. September 2014 20:24:16 UTC+2 schrieb Ben Tasker:
Longer term, 5.3 support isn't something that shouldn't have too much energy put into it.

It's a big problem because it keeps Joomla! from using new features like traits.

But IMHO, really 6 months after EOL is the absolute earliest any breakage should happen, and even then it's likely some hosts won't have updated.

That's more general (so please don't take it personal), but i'm really annoyed at people (especially customers) which wants to wait after EOL. EOL ist an ultimative deadline there is no "after EOL". Just recently a customer asked me to migrate his site to Joomal 2.5 .. They will never understand it if we don't force them.