Re: [jfw] Dummy guide for joomla frameworks

Here's my take on Configuration service provider: https://github.com/joomContrib/joomContrib/tree/master/src/Providers#configuration, I prefer yaml for configuration

On Tuesday, May 6, 2014 12:06:51 PM UTC+2, Eric wrote:
Hi Viktor,

Piotr_cz's already got you covered with the error about the configuration file.

I'll tackle the other part of the question though……  I was in the same place about 6 months ago.  I had been building Joomla components but needed to step it up a bit for a more complex project so thought I would use the Framework.  The info on Andrew's site (learn.theartofjoomla.com) and the sample app you're already playing with are both great starting points.

From building CMS component's there's a few things that took a little bit to get used to:

  • namespacing - everything is namespaced
  • how un-opinionated the framework is compared to the CMS
  • having to bootstrap my own app instead of relying on the CMS
  • the format of the config file (config.json) that you've just found!

Other than that though, there's a certain sense of familiarity with how things work if you've been building components, so it doesn't take long to get into the groove.  I can say it is definitely worth sticking the learning curve out because it is a great framework to use!

Eric.