Re: [jfw] LGPL License Change Approved

On 2 April 2014 09:07, Ben Tasker <> wrote:
> I'm not
> convinced by the argument, and I think it'd be a really sticky one to fight,
> but based on some reading it does look like that position is what's needed
> in the US (where the idea of a derivative work under copyright means it must
> be substantially similar).

Many disagree, but as I said, it boils down to whether you want to, at
the very least, list on the JED. If you don't then there is no
obstacle to exercising your rights to do what you want with the code
to the full extent of the law.

At the end of the day though, I think it's a far lesser evil to change
from GPL to LGPL than to adopt an MIT framework for templates.