Re: [jfw] Joomla PDO Database Driver

Just a small remark, I hope you don't mind: in your DoctrineServiceProvider line 159:
$tablePrefix = new Doctrine\TablePrefix($prefix);

However,  there is no TablePrefix class in the Doctrine namespace. You'll have to define that yourself. Examples like in the Doctrine cookbook define such a TablePrefix class as an event-listener. Just as with Joomla CMS plugins you use the function name to communicate on what event you want to have the function triggered. Here: loadClassMetadata ( ).
You added that event and the listener correctly to Doctrine's EventManager:
$evm->addEventListener(\Doctrine\ORM\Events::loadClassMetadata, $tablePrefix);
but you also have to provide that TablePrefix class, = the listener class, yourself. See what I wrote some postings ago.

I just wondered: didn't you get an error that that TablePrefix class was not found? Or did you add it to the Doctrine namespace yourself? AFAIK normally there is nothing in there:all Doctrine's classes are in subnamspaces Doctrine\ORM, Doctrine DBAL and Doctrine\Common.