Re: [jfw] Joomla PDO Database Driver

You are right: a mysqli-driver can be used in Doctrine DBAL (and I guess by Doctrine ORM on top of that):
http://doctrine-dbal.readthedocs.org/en/latest/reference/configuration.html
Because I haven't see that before, I thought it was impossible.

I'm quickly going to try out using that in a Joomla-extension with Doctrine (let you know). That would then solve the mentionded problem too. Great! Thanks for sharing that code!