[jfw] Re: Is the framework really used ?

The article is posted back at 2011. It is quite outdated, and Joomla! Framework have evolved.

You can learn more about Joomla! Framework from http://framework.joomla.org

There are still packages requiring attention like the Session, Filesystem, Crypt etc though. But it will be fixed soon for sure.