Re: [jfw] Validate, Filter, and Escape Package

On Thursday, April 17, 2014 7:10:37 PM UTC-5, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 17 April 2014 22:47, Amy Stephen <> wrote:
> I put a spreadsheet out there and added you as an editor if you want to
> collaborate on definitions, plans, etc.

I'm going to propose a crazy idea, and that is all we add to the
Framework are interfaces and possibly exception classes. So, for
example, if we define ValidatorInterface and FilterInterface, you
(Amy) can implement classes that include both while I, for example,
may implement two different packages for each interface. Let the
developers decide which implementation works for them (and we can list
them in the README files of the JF interface package).

How does that sound? Cake-and-eat-it solution?

In fact, wouldn't it be interesting if the whole Joomla Framework
ended up being nothing but interfaces :)

A framework full of interfaces? Here's mine. I have the filter, escape, and validate interfaces separated. Please feel free to use any or all of the interfaces on CommonAPI for the "Joomla Framework."

OK, I can see this is going nowhere.

My offer to share code stands if anyone is interested in improving the antiquated framework and can take my work seriously enough to review it and collaborate on the communities needs.