Re: [jfw] Validate, Filter, and Escape Package

On 17 April 2014 22:47, Amy Stephen <> wrote:
> I put a spreadsheet out there and added you as an editor if you want to
> collaborate on definitions, plans, etc.

I'm going to propose a crazy idea, and that is all we add to the
Framework are interfaces and possibly exception classes. So, for
example, if we define ValidatorInterface and FilterInterface, you
(Amy) can implement classes that include both while I, for example,
may implement two different packages for each interface. Let the
developers decide which implementation works for them (and we can list
them in the README files of the JF interface package).

How does that sound? Cake-and-eat-it solution?

In fact, wouldn't it be interesting if the whole Joomla Framework
ended up being nothing but interfaces :)