Re: [jfw] Validate, Filter, and Escape Package

Nice work Amy, but I really don't like your if else construction where the if does nothing, and the mix of strict and non-strict comparisons sometimes.
Another thing for example:

$test = filter_var($this->getFieldValue(), FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING, $this->setFlags());

if ($test == true) {
} else {
    $this->setFieldValue(filter_var($this->getFieldValue(), FILTER_SANITIZE_STRING));
}

filter_var returns false or the filtered value, so why check for true and do again nothing instead of checking for false
if (false === $test)
{