Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

Normally I work with PDO under Doctrine (DBAL and ORM). No need to extend anything from that, for it works out of the box, plug and play. I wonder what you want to add to that?

I am making a pdo-mysql driver for the Joomla Databasedriver, to be able to use that for existing Joomla (CMS) installations in combination with the Doctrine-stuff I use. In the other discussion I came to the conclusion that I can also use Doctrine with MySqli, which made the need to make a pdo-mysql-driver for JDatabase less urgent. Still think the effort is not wasted, for going to PDO will also make the CMS more easily available on other Databases; much easier than spending time on all those different drivers for SQL-server, Postgresql, Oracle etc. PDO is more-or-less the main standard in PHP, outside Joomla, I think.

For me the CMS is the platform I work on most: my clients have a Joomla CMS and want a custom application in that; not some standalone Joomla Framework. I only use the Joomla Framework occasionally (for instance lately for a separate images-server).

On Wednesday, 23 April 2014 08:16:48 UTC+2, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 23 April 2014 16:13, Herman Peeren <herman... AT gmail.com> wrote:
> PDO: I'm working on it, as said before in
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/joomla-dev-framework/QXQlAS_zhdA

Yes I know. Are you still working with DatabaseDriver or are you
extending PDO directly? (the latter is what I'm interested in).