Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 8:03:50 PM UTC-5, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 17 April 2014 10:51, Amy Stephen <> wrote:
> Judging from your list -- which omits code I have offered -- am I to take
> that as a response that there isn't interest in using that code in the
> framework?

I was simply skimming for Deprecated and Don't Know packages because
the major bump provides a watershed opportunity that we maybe don't
get so often. For new packages, I've not had time to even look at
yours sorry but we can add them straight into 2.0 now as far as I'm
concerned (there's nothing stopping us from rolling out 2.0 over a few
weeks or even months).

I proposed replacing the [Filter package](https://github.com/joomla-framework/filter/tree/master/src) with the [Fieldhandler](https://github.com/Molajo/Fieldhandler). If there is interest I can go through the list of filters and make certain there is an adapter for each. The syntax is close and I can make it match for BC or add a layer.

Tests are in place and it's pretty well documented. It's at least at a point where it could be reviewed for suitability for the Joomla Framework.

Thanks.