Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

Language -
I'd be for refactoring this package. I'm not able to find solid and lightweight replacement and it still has some nice functionality that is hard to find elsewhere. Right now it's possible to use static Text class more or less like in the Joomla CMS and event in Twig templates without much effort.

Form - refactor

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 9:02:57 AM UTC+2, Herman Peeren wrote:
About the Date package; there is a Joomla GSOC-proposal for a new Date package. April 21st it is definitive whether this will be one of the accepted projects or not. There are some nice ideas for it, adding value that can be used beyond Joomla. It will probably get a new name. also looking at where PHP is going to, like PHP 5.5's DateTimeImmutable. More news after GSOC-projects are definitive.

On Wednesday, 16 April 2014 00:53:53 UTC+2, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 16 April 2014 08:49, Andrew Eddie <> wrote:
>> Date
>
> I'm not sure how I feel about that one.

Actually, you may be right. There's not a lot of value there anymore.