Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

About the Crypt package, this is what Don Gilbert said here

The structure uses PSR-0 for auto loading, due to the class naming. In php, you can't have a class that begins with a number, so we have to update the class names to avoid that conflict on the Cipher_3DES class name. It can't be transformed to Cipher\3DES.

The updated structure will come with the 2.0 release.

About other packages, well it can be improved or deprecated; it is upto the admins to decide I guess.

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:19:26 AM UTC+5:30, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 16 April 2014 08:38, Karthik Narendran <> wrote:
> Here is a list of packages that I think could be deprecated in 2.0
>
> Log
> Filesystem
> Language

Do we deprecate it or delay bumping it to 2.0 until we are ready to improve it?

> Crypt

I thought Crypt was actually fairly solid. Are there better alternatives?

> Date

I'm not sure how I feel about that one.