Re: [jfw] Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

Regarding HMVC and supporting non-HTML views, that's something you have to take into consideration when building your application IMO.  An older version of the code powering framework.joomla.org is in https://github.com/mbabker/framework-status and if you look at the Application and DefaultController you'll see how I handle it.  Then compare the data you can get from http://framework.joomla.org/status/application (HTML) and http://framework.joomla.org/status/application?format=json (JSON); I'm not doing anything different in my model to get that data, only using separate view classes based on the request format to output it.