Re: [jfw] Re: Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

On Fri, Apr 11, 2014 at 6:56 AM, George Wilson <georgejameswilson AT googlemail.com> wrote:
Talking of registry - we're loading the compat package - but do we not need to load it to use the interface if it doesn't exist? Because no where in the registry package are we loading the namespace?

If you look at the compat package, the interface it's emulating isn't in our own namespace but rather the global namespace, the same as the native PHP one.  And yes, it's necessary to pull it in.

Also we need to update the docblocks of that interface because we still have the <5.4 blurb written but that's no longer the case (as we fixed in the CMS).

So PR it.

Also with the registry coupling to the utilities package - we're only using the method ArrayHelper::isAssociative is there no way we can just copy that function into the registry package and remove the dependency. It feels overkill to load the entire package for just one use of one function?

The utilities package is one class, ArrayHelper.  Personally, I don't like copying methods around between classes to avoid dependencies because now you are making less DRY code.  It also sets a bad precedent IMO; do it here, why not do it there type deal.