Re: [jfw] Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

On 11 April 2014 15:32, Eric Fernance <beanie AT purplebeanie.com> wrote:
> Would it be worth adding some sort of mailer class?
>
> or wrapper around PHPMailer? to make it simpler?

I don't think so. There are so many good libraries like SwiftMailer
(https://packagist.org/packages/swiftmailer/swiftmailer) that I don't
think it's worth doing a wrapper for any of them. Just implement them
natively in your application. You may very well create a helper method
in your application ($app->sendMail or similar), but I'm not sure it's
worth creating a Framework package for that because each developer
might want slightly different things.

Is that reasonable? I've just swapped over to using SwiftMailer
natively at work and I think it's working fine without any wrappers.