[jfw] Discussion - Package Updates for Framework 2.0

As suggested in another thread, let's use this thread for discussing the various packages and the type of work that should go into them for 2.0.

First, a bit of backstory so everyone is clear why we're moving to 2.0 rather quickly (remember 1.0's "official" release was 4 months ago).  The Framework team decided that as each package is relicensed from GPL v2+ to LGPL v2.1+ that the new release for that package would be 2.0.  This helps a bit in making it clear which version of the Framework packages fall under which license (1.x is GPL, 2.x is LGPL).

This increment gives us the chance to look at refactoring code as appropriate for a major version increment.  We also have the chance to discuss deprecating support for packages.

Thus far, the Framework team has elected to deprecate our Log and Session packages, and those commits have been made to the repos to indicate such.

What types of changes or deprecations would you like to see (and be willing to assist with) as we update our packages to 2.0, and why?