[jfw] Re: Improve media handling in Joomla!

Hi All:

Thanks for your interest on this.

I think this is a pretty interesting idea. Basically I see it as a 'media' library to handle different media types. My questions would be, what are we 'doing' with those media types? Is it something like uploading / downloading? Streaming? I'd like to see some detail on how we plan to actually interact with the media.

Also since you're posting this on the framework list I'm going to assume this is more of a library package for the framework and not something that we would see pushed into the CMS just yet? Or perhaps it will be both? But this is something that should be defined. Either it's a library, or a library and some core-CMS code.

A summary of some requirements that need to be defined:
Just some things to think about as we try to 'solidify' the idea.