Re: [jfw] Bad magic using composer and separate packages

On Sunday, March 9, 2014 2:36:58 PM UTC-4, Michael Babker wrote:
So, I did some debugging using a Composer dry-run update.  The results of that are in this gist: https://gist.github.com/mbabker/9452138

It gives a URL where the Compat package data is being loaded in from: https://packagist.org/p/joomla/compat$d238e05e615c977c08b486046113558d941ed909d66125074df9fa24f3b2a431.json

I don't know how to read their JSON files effectively, but when I take that string and var_dump it in a PHP script, it shows that JSON file points to 'joomla/compat' and 'joomla/framework' packages.

Delete your .composer/cache folder and then rerun it.  I've found composer is frequently overly aggressive about caching json config data from packagist.com.

The other half to this issue is to make sure packagist is also at the latest update, right now
https://packagist.org/packages/joomla/compat has the latest commit from february 9th.  When working on my own composer packages, I found that I had to go to packagist.com and force a refresh when I was making updates - so the update process is not immediate but runs on some schedule.