[jfw] Re: Installing packages with composer triggers importing whole joomla-framework repo

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 4:42:29 AM UTC-4, piotr_cz wrote:

Thanks, I deleted composer cache and added
 "config": {

"cache-files-ttl": 0

},
to composer.json but that didn't resolve the problem. I should check again.

I like the idea of metapackage, I'd just change the versions `to 1.1.*@stable`.

How composer figures out package versions when you are using both an explicit repository configuration AND packagist.com is a bit murky.   The current pull request /works/ which is the important thing.  I tried using version 1.1 originally and got some rather strange errors where the JImage package required JInput 1.0-beta and would not be satisfied with JInput 1.1

The upshot is, unless this pull request is merged somehow into https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework I can't do any more testing on version info.

If "they" create a new branch in https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework just for the meta package[call it meta] then I could use the Composer "version" "dev-meta" for testing and nail down the version info so it can be "released"....  [IE @dev is one of a few possible correct versions for an unreleased metapackage - since it has no version.  However, it should not be tagged with a release version until the config is updated to point to specific versions]