[jfw] Re: Installing packages with composer triggers importing whole joomla-framework repo

On Thursday, March 13, 2014 3:42:29 AM UTC-5, piotr_cz wrote:

I feel strange about the change at GitHub too. I discovered by accident that Joomla-Framework is an organisation now, but I'd prefer an official announcement for community. I've read there was an framework architecture meeting happening but still no announcement before or after :/

I agree - it's getting a little difficult to follow what's happening and I think these changes are also having an impact on the contributor history. It appears history was lost with both moves.

Here's APC Cache in the Joomla-framework repo: https://github.com/joomla-framework/cache/blob/8149cf29528c0deed586e0432ce4aff52664a225/src/Apc.php

Compared to the APC Cache in the Joomla/Joomla-framework repo: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-framework/blob/staging/src/Joomla/Cache/Apc.php

Compared to the APC Cache in the Joomla/Joomla-cms repo: https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/blob/staging/libraries/joomla/cache/storage/apc.php

Contributor history was lost in the repo at the start of 1.6, too, and it's unfortunate to see that happen. Really screws up the stats and makes it hard to see why changes happened. I would think it would create problems for OSM, too, as they protect the license using copyright.

Is there anyway to merge back in the history?