[jfw] Bringing the forms package up to scratch

Hi,

I'm very interested in bringing the forms package up to scratch as I'm currently using it for a commercial project and already have extended it locally.
I now want to give it a big push including creating forms from JSON & YAML, porting the new HTML5 fields from the Joomla! CMS and possibly add the ability for namespaced fields as discussed here.
I also noticed that when a field is set to required it only adds a class, rather than an attribute... what's that all about? :P
Is the anything else that's import to include at this stage? Also in regards to field types...

Since I'll invest quite a bit of time I wouldn't want to do any duplicate work so if anyone else is currently on the forms package please let me know.

Thanks.