Re: [jfw] Getting Github Milestones via Basic Authentcation

Can you dump your github object and see what transport is being used?

I have the following:
<?php
require_once(__DIR__ . '/vendor/autoload.php');

use Joomla\Github\Github;
use Joomla\Github\Http;
use Joomla\Http\Transport;
use Joomla\Registry\Registry;

$options = new Registry;
$options->set('api.username', $username);
$options->set('api.password', $password);

$curl = new Transport\Curl();
$stream = new Transport\Stream();
$socket = new Transport\Socket();

$httpCurl = new Http(array(), $curl);
$httpStream = new Http(array(), $stream);
$httpSocket = new Http(array(), $socket);

$githubCurl = new Github($options, $httpCurl);
$githubStream = new Github($options, $httpStream);
$githubSocket = new Github($options, $httpSocket);

var_dump(count($githubCurl->orgs->getList()));
var_dump(count($githubStream->orgs->getList()));
var_dump(count($githubSocket->orgs->getList()));

and I get:

int(5)
int(5)
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'DomainException' with message 'Not Found'

i.e. the credentials get passed in fine with Curl and with Stream, but there is an issue with Socket.  Can you check to see if socket is being used?

Ian

On Monday, 24 March 2014 21:09:16 UTC-4, Andrew Eddie wrote:
On 25 March 2014 11:06, Eric Fernance <> wrote:
> Hi Andrew,
>
> Yes I've just submitted a PR to the gihub-api package that sets the relevant
> HTTP client headers for basic auth if the api.username and api.password are
> set.
>
> https://github.com/joomla-framework/github-api/pull/4
>
> I'm not sure if this is the best approach through?

Thanks. I've asked Ian to have a look at it as well because it feels
like there is either a problem in the HTTP transport code, or Github
has a strange idiosyncrasy. Just keep using the brute force header
injection until we can sort it out.

Thanks! We appreciate the feedback.