[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[FD] Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 - Limited Access Permission Bypass Vulnerability
- From: Vulnerability Lab <research AT vulnerability-lab.com>
- Subject: [FD] Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 - Limited Access Permission Bypass Vulnerability
- Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:14:00 +0100
- Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of fulldisclosure-bounces AT seclists.org designates 2600:3c01::f03c:91ff:fe98:ff4e as permitted sender) smtp.mailfrom=fulldisclosure-bounces AT seclists.org
- Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; h=sender:errors-to:content-transfer-encoding:list-subscribe:list-help :list-post:list-unsubscribe:list-id:precedence:subject:mime-version :user-agent:date:message-id:from:to:delivered-to :arc-authentication-results; bh=3liWFGBX3p4w25pqRptmWOVLLXpFFpJMrR4M6ZH4Vz8=; b=mAmvemLUd0+oVf8mhB7oclC7/nPEgR4a2MR1qvj8dpcK1jxDVXmDL4Bf/fHYPxg/1Z eY2IcBOrCMciuT3f2jMeq5C1dqsLIWvXOT8gMHEHgUYVMpMFq8TxFjePaambhE4VxmWl euz2TMs5+Wfx6O1LlfQhY4JIbEc9Tq5oQwhnzLUuZp+UxSmbZZb1fBoWDTVHk0S8fEhQ 46vS2yFGrYkWxPv4teK64YRNZ/0YEFbZxuML+1Qg9rD5IC9EfBBcJn/ocyMiENH2+nqF v9PK2tyGVY9G1FVqTcg6JYqoDTx85xU1nFt0vFaLjzZk2VmFLgr0IB3sJhNUbaG2SBj3 iP8A==
- Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; t=1515755787; cv=none; d=google.com; s=arc-20160816; b=eiotcoqXxIpkdvz15F+7FZZ29G0QaXC181WtpboX3pUw6c8PF3wE85rWS636+17sVS MxC8M8justu1bz51y3tVw8uiEUiX52EuBCiTJ3JivxlyWrSelCakPB5J9aA5iyyEHNL+ 2LOgx5xWlPL3qlKqSZzoKfbJ0ePlRS2sFfkFXrfIwyDKI5DDJuHYKVcrOLKC3Xpe9HTl Wg7hj/4k7vUSP24g61ih7CEAZD7L7FXe+66ltaX1Bju9Wqc6sPuHu89alstAVEhLfzcQ jIZVFdf3KQbcYih+lMmf0+qkzSY/t+X3zOt4Rx1/j7+w7/3mJeZnRFy/o9K5SY6teiT6 wU1A==
- Sender: "Fulldisclosure" <fulldisclosure-bounces AT seclists.org>
- To: fulldisclosure AT seclists.org
Microsoft Sharepoint 2013 - Limited Access Permission Bypass Vulnerability
Vulnerability Laboratory ID (VL-ID):
Common Vulnerability Scoring System:
Filter or Protection Mechanism Bypass
Current Estimated Price:
1.000€ - 2.000€
Abstract Advisory Information:
An independent vulnerability laboratory researcher discovered a permission bypass vulnerability in the Microsoft Sharepoint online service web-application.
Vulnerability Disclosure Timeline:
2018-01-07: Public Disclosure (Vulnerability Laboratory)
Product: Sharepoint Online Service - (Web-Application) 2013
Technical Details & Description:
A permission level bypass web vulnerability has been identified in the microsoft sharePoint 2013 online service
web-application & maybe prior versions. The security vulnerability allows attackers to open or view restricted
items in the site or library. An authenticated user can bypass `Limited Access` permissions to browse a page or
library to access a specific content item that was restricted.
Proof of Concept (PoC):
1. Search for specific words inside web & mobile sharepoint search box: `password` `pass` `user` `domainuser` `name | lastname` ...
[~] web search: http://site/BSearch/results.aspx
[~] mobie search: http://site/_layouts/mobile/MobileResults.aspx
example : http://site/BSearch/results.aspx?k=password
example : http://site/BSearch/results.aspx?k="NSA1377"
example : http://site/_layouts/mobile/MobileResults.aspx?k=pass
example : http://site/_layouts/mobile/MobileResults.aspx?k=BOB
2. The page shown some of sharepoint's search results like restricted specific item, site, library urls etc
3. so click at the urls to access|viwe|read site page and other restricted library and items
After capturing packets between our system and the sharepoint site (use fiddler or burpsiute, wireshark ...)
We have access to items, list, pages, sites urls like as follows:
Access to restricted items & lists by make /LIST#/ urls
The security risk of the bypass vulnerability in the microsoft sharepoint 2013 application is estimated as medium (CVSS 4.8).
Credits & Authors:
Behnam Vanda [beni.vanda AT gmail.com] [redhathackers] - https://www.vulnerability-lab.com/show.php?user=Behnam+Vanda
Disclaimer & Information:
The information provided in this advisory is provided as it is without any warranty. Vulnerability Lab disclaims all warranties, either expressed or
implied, including the warranties of merchantability and capability for a particular purpose. Vulnerability-Lab or its suppliers are not liable in any
case of damage, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential loss of business profits or special damages, even if Vulnerability Labs or its
suppliers have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability mainly for incidental
or consequential damages so the foregoing limitation may not apply. We do not approve or encourage anybody to break any licenses, policies, deface
websites, hack into databases or trade with stolen data. We have no need for criminal activities or membership requests. We do not publish advisories
or vulnerabilities of religious-, militant- and racist- hacker/analyst/researcher groups or individuals. We do not publish trade researcher mails,
phone numbers, conversations or anything else to journalists, investigative authorities or private individuals.
Domains: www.vulnerability-lab.com - www.vulnerability-db.com - www.evolution-sec.com
Programs: vulnerability-lab.com/submit.php - vulnerability-lab.com/list-of-bug-bounty-programs.php - vulnerability-lab.com/register.php
Feeds: vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss.php - vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss_upcoming.php - vulnerability-lab.com/rss/rss_news.php
Social: twitter.com/vuln_lab - facebook.com/VulnerabilityLab - youtube.com/user/vulnerability0lab
Any modified copy or reproduction, including partially usages, of this file, resources or information requires authorization from Vulnerability Laboratory.
Permission to electronically redistribute this alert in its unmodified form is granted. All other rights, including the use of other media, are reserved by
Vulnerability Lab Research Team or its suppliers. All pictures, texts, advisories, source code, videos and other information on this website is trademark
of vulnerability-lab team & the specific authors or managers. To record, list, modify, use or edit our material contact (admin@) to get an ask permission.
Copyright © 2018 | Vulnerability Laboratory - [Evolution Security GmbH]™
VULNERABILITY LABORATORY - RESEARCH TEAM
Sent through the Full Disclosure mailing list
Web Archives & RSS: http://seclists.org/fulldisclosure/